What’s better than bread? CHOCOLATE BREAD. Sorry, but your banana bread and fruit toast just got bumped, this is the new fancy bread in town. And you know, if you call it ‘bread’ rather than ‘cake’, it’s half the calories. Right? Right?! Well, maybe not. But this is a sometimes food that’s worth the indulgence. This chocolate bread recipe is perfect when toasted and dripping with butter, or save your loaf to make a bread and butter pudding a couple of days later. Just don’t spread it with Nutella or the world might implode.
This recipe will make two 600g loaves.
- 7g sachet dried yeast
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 125ml warm milk
- 4 ¼ cups (530g) plain flour
- good pinch salt
- 2 tbs dark cocoa
- 3 tbs (45g) extra caster sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 180g butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 tbs extra flour, as needed
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped
- 100g dark chocolate chips