Bliss balls, energy balls, raw balls … whatever you call them, everyone’s into them right now. These homemade tasty treats are perfect for sorting sweet cravings without the sugar. Combining the sweetness of dates and the goodness of seeds and nuts, this bliss balls recipe is delicious and filling. And the kids will have no idea that it’s not a processed, sugar-laden treat!
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup pecans (or walnuts are also great)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (zap it in the microwave)
- ¼ cup good-quality cocoa powder
- ½ cup desiccated (or shredded) coconut (plus ½ cup extra for the coating)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (black or white)