Otherwise known as “It’s Friday night and I deserve it” cake or “oh no my fave trash tv show is about to come on and I have run out of chocolate” cake. This is a cake you make in an unexpected cake emergency. And really, any occasion can call for a cake emergency, can’t it?
The beauty of this microwave chocolate cake is that you make it in a mug. So not only is ready in TWO MINUTES, but there are no pots, pans, tins or beaters to wash. It just gets better and better.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp milk (or soy milk also works)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (melted butter would also work, but cool it a little)
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp raw sugar (or golden caster sugar or coconut sugar both also work)
- 3 tbsp self-raising flour