As the mornings cool down, nothing beats a bowl of porridge to warm up little tummies and power tikes through the day. Add some bunny flair to Easter breakfast fun is served!
Hop to it with this easy peasy Easter porridge recipe
• 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
• 2 1/2 cups milk, soya milk or water
• Small pinch of salt
• Chocolate dots (or currents)
• Apricot jam
• Chocolate ice-cream topping
• Halved strawberries
• Red apple, cut into segments for the ears and thin strips for the whiskers
1. Combine the oats and milk or water in a large saucepan, cooking at a medium heat.
2. Add salt and stir with a wooden spoon.
3. Cook at a steady simmer, stirring regularly, until it forms a smooth, creamy porridge (approximately five or six minutes). Cook for longer if your family likes thicker porridge or add a dash of milk/water if they prefer it runnier.
1. Pour the cooked porridge into bowls.
2. Add two apple segment ears to the top of each bowl.
3. Place two chocolate dot eyes in the centre, with a small drop of jam underneath each one for the cheeks.
4. Carefully draw a nose and mouth with chocolate sauce and add apple whiskers.
5. Serve with strawberries on the side.
For young ones, adjust the toppings to your toddler’s eating stage. Try cooked apple for the bunny ears if you prefer.
And if you’re looking for ideas on how to dress up hot cross buns read our article fun ways to eat hot cross buns.