Joie i-Gemm infant capsules and bases
Two infant capsules and a base are being recalled amid concerns the top tether strap may release under excessive load and lead to injury.
Defect: The top tether strap may release under excessive load.
Hazard: If the top tether strap releases in a crash, an infant may be injured.
- Joie i-Gemm infant capsule and base – model number I1404BAPAV600 only – all serial numbers in this model.
- Joie i-Gemm base – model number I1404BAPAV600 only.
- Joie Gemm infant capsule and base, sold as part of the Joie Litetrax 4 Travel System – model number T1112WACRM600 only, serial numbers 0779587 to 0779686.
Where were these products sold: Across Australia in NSW, QLD, SA, Tasmania, Victoria and WA and online between 18 September 2019 – 1 November 2019:
- Bright Children’s Products Co Limited
- Baby Bunting, Baby Direct, Mornington Baby Goods Warehouse – Vic
- Baby Kingdom, Banana Baby, Rock-A-Bye Baby – NSW
- Bub Mania, Bubs N Grubs, Child Safety Solutions – Qld
- BabyRoad – WA
- Baby Bunting – Tas, SA
- Baby Bunting – Online
What to do: Consumers should immediately stop using the product and return the product to the place of purchase for a full refund or store credit.
For more information contact the place of purchase or contact the Joie Baby AU Consumer Hotline on 02 8880 8385 (Monday to Friday, 8am – 4pm AEST).